Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Wedding

Yesterday we attended the wedding of two old friends who have gone through so much together and in their separate lives. It was really nice; the romantic in me really gets off on the idea that this couple was one destined to be together somehow because they separated for a long time, dated other people, and then came back together again. There were so many people at the wedding N and I know, so it was fun on that level also. We didn't get to do too much dancing but I threw down a little bit on the dancefloor with my little one. There were too other adorable little girls at the party who were close in age to her so she enjoyed running around with them. A friend of ours snapped this picture of me and my little family and emailed it to me this morning. Thanks, Sam!

It was nice to have the distraction of a wedding yesterday. For at least one day N and I both managed to not think about the financial C-R-A-P and this morning N's priest said he received a message that we will be getting some money this Tuesday. I wrote an invocation this morning for help from our current crisis and will spend a little quiet prayer time with the Great Mother later today or tomorrow morning. I keep feeling like our situation is going to turn out alright somehow, but I'm still not sure what action we will need to take to turn this feeling into a reality. More will be revealed as time goes on. I'm still evolving spiritually, experimenting with what feels good to me, finding my connection with a higher power to be stronger when some Celtic tradition and communing with nature is thrown into the mix. I'm okay with that; I think I've accepted that my spiritual path is never going to be exactly like anyone else's but that there are so many people with whom I can relate through the different aspects of my own spiritual path, winding though it seems to be.

No comments: