Thursday, January 31, 2008

Heading for the Woods

Okay, so this picture has nothing to do with the woods, but I haven't uploaded any new woods pictures yet so today we have one from a beach trip Little One and I took last summer. Tomorrow morning we're driving up to Fisheating Creek to camp for two nights and a couple of days. We have gathered a large group of people to meet us there and it should be a good time. I'm so bored right now that doing anything that involves spending time outside will be great. I'm hoping we get the chance to do some hiking this time around. For me, being in the woods and not being afforded the opportunity to hike is a cruel form of torture. While it may seem that just being in the woods should offer that opportunity, having kids changes the dynamics of life quite a bit. During the last trip to the Creek we walked around a bit but never had a chance to do any serious hiking due to the fact that our traveling companions were experiencing marital strife (never a fun issue for anyone involved), my daughter wasn't in the mood to walk, and we didn't have anyone at the camp who could help us watch her. I'm not really into anyone watching my daughter when we're out in the woods anyway, save for handful of people, so it's difficult to accomplish any type of challenging hike. I'm not sure who will show up for this trip but we'll do what we can and have fun with whatever we can make happen, as well as with whatever comes about. Sometimes events to which we've lent no effort or thought conspire which surpass anything we had conjured in our own imaginations.

No comments: