Friday, January 18, 2008

Badass Hotties Part Two

The first time I remember really noticing Lita Ford was during college when I was dating a guy who had plastered a picture of her on the wall of his basement bedroom. The picture was classic late 1980's: Lita holding the then popular flying V guitar, looking very blonde, very curvaceous, and very hot. I would look at that picture while I was getting dressed in the morning, comparing my hips to hers and swearing off ice cream and cheeseburgers for that day. Lita was one of the women who paved the way for other women in the rock genre, along with Joan Jett (who was one of her former bandmates in The Runaways). She was slightly brash, gutsy, a wee bit cheesy (which, in the '80's was kind of cool), and she had a tough demeanor. Growing up, I always wanted to be the "tough" chick but it never worked out. People would get to know me and then any toughness I would try to project would result in fits of laughter all around. I was always known as the "cute" one. We can't all be good at everything, I suppose. As with Billy Bob Thornton, I admire Lita Ford for pursuing her dreams and for making a name in glam rock music. As well, I admire her for being able to look so hot while she was accomplishing this. I'll be thinking of her when I buy my next box of L'Oreal Extra Light Natural Blonde haircolor...

No comments: