Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm Blogging When I Should be Downstairs

So I'll make it brief today. "Brief?", you say. Yeah, on occasion I'm capable of just saying a few words and then shutting up. Don't count on me to do this often, as I find it to be very difficult. I am in love with the English language and use it as much as I can.

In short, I feel a bit better today. The bank stuff got worked out, although we still haven't received payment for the job my husband did a month ago and an employee from the company actually had the gaul to call my husband this morning asking him to do something else for them. This sent me into a quick tirade about what scumbags they are, how I'm nursing a wicked resentment toward them for putting us in a bad spot financially by not paying us (supply bills must be paid regardless of slacker clients, and the subcontractor basically finances jobs for the contractor), and how the only thing they should be calling us for is to tell us we can pick up the certified check I requested for the full amount owed to my husband's company. Pay up, beiatchhh. The down side to this situation is that the economy is currently quite slow, so any work my husband can glean he pretty much takes. It's a sort of beggars can't be choosers deal, which makes me even angrier because that makes me feel like we're trapped somehow, in dealing with these people.

On another note, I found out this morning that a very close friend of ours is moving to Georgia. He and his wife have a house there and they've decided to close up shop here in Florida and move up there permanently. That's five close people and many aquaintances who've left in the past 5 or so years. I'm happy for them but sad for us. I've been missing my family so much over the past couple of days it's been making me half crazy. Also, for some reason my Dad has been in my thoughts a lot for the same amount of time. Hubster is probably starting a job in Haiti in March and I'm freaking out about the prospect of him being away, even though I'm not sure how much he'll need to be out of town. Having family around would definitely lessen the emotional toll of being away from him so much. But, I suppose I'm being somewhat of a baby. There are many, many women right now raising kids while their husbands are off fighting overseas. They seem to deal with it somehow, so I know I can too.

Oops. This wasn't really brief. What did I tell you??

1 comment:

Keyser Soze said...

Sorry about the $$ worries.
Financial insecurity will leave us?
WHEN?!?!?!?! :-)

Courtney Love is a junkie bitch from Hell. Punk rock my ass.
Psycho poser more like. Feh.

Thanks for the kind words about my latest endeavors. As always, I'm bold AND foolish LOL I'll probably get my ass kicked but WTF?

Tons of love and good juju!