Monday, January 28, 2008

A Smile on Monday

Here's another picture of my Beauty Queen and me, taken by my friend, Sam, at the wedding on Saturday. It reminds me of what is truly important in life and of how blessed I am. Our money situation is continueing, but for some reason today I wasn't as bothered by it. I have a gut feeling that things are going to work out somehow. N is busy at work, we have money coming in eventually, and we have the rent money so it's not like we're going to be out on the street or something. I spent some time this morning looking up Imbolc crafts to do with my daughter in the next couple of weeks. I've decided on candle making. I think I can buy a kit at the craft store-something small to start out with. It might be a great skill to learn, since making one's own candles for things such as rituals imbibes them with a greater, more personal energy. Plus, my daughter loves engaging in just about any sort of craft, and I love doing them with her. I'm trying to find a balance once again between my spiritual backgrounds, since leaving one of them in the proverbial dust isn't working out so great for me. In order to feel really great about and really centered within my spiritual path, to really feel connected to my H.P., I need to incorporate different elements from my heritage into my spiritual practice. Some might not agree with this, but I think it can work for me, given that I possess a rather broad concept of God- as Father, Mother, wind, moon, star, nature. I believe that there is spirit in everything-in the trees, the oceans, the wind. My concept of spirit doesn't exactly fit into a neat box, but I think that, for me, it works most days.

No comments: