Sunday, January 20, 2008

Stuck in the Blues

Some days, in spite of my best efforts at keeping a cheerful countenance, trying to just look at the things for which I am grateful, and focusing on the good in my life instead of the lacks, I just can't keep myself on the up side. Today is one of those days. I'm terribly worried about finances. Someone who owes us money is jerking my husband around, telling him he will have his money on this day, then that day, and yada yada yada. Supposedly he was supposed to produce a check yesterday but he never called us and when my husband went to his office the man was mysteriously absent. When my husband visited the guy's office on Friday he was greeted by about ten other people who were there for the same reason, which isn't a good sign of this company's finacial stability. A quick check with the Florida Division of Corporations showed me that he has several companies set up separately, and I have no faith in anything he tells us. At this point, I am looking into what legal action we can take. It's illegal to write a bad check, especially when that check is for a large sum of money. It seems to me that this guy has no real intention of getting our money to us, and, at this point, I'm losing sleep over the whole situation. I feel great resentment for people who employ unethical business practices to keep themselves afloat, leaving others to drown in the mess they've created. It's wrong.

No comments: