Thursday, June 21, 2007

I'm Very Sleepy

I wish I could curl up into a little ball right now and go to sleep. For hours. I went out last night to meet up with some friends for the surprise birthday party of a really good friend who decided not to attend. Apparently, the party was a surprise and he wasn't in the mood to be surprised. The girl who organzied the party was to'd but what can you do? I had fun hanging out; my daughter came with me and ate some spaghetti, and I called D this afternoon to wish him a happy and told him I loved him even if he didn't like surprise birthday parties. All night long I felt pretty good, if not a little bit speeded out from the cold medicine I'd taken earlier. I went to bed with nothing more than a mild headache and was awakened at 3:30AM with a SCREAMER of a sinus headache. WTF????!!!! I downed more cold medicine but it helped only marginally. I tossed and turned for the rest of the night and am now afraid to take a nap for fear that the headache will return. Even now it's lurking in the background, waiting evilly to pounce. I feel like my every thought is swimming through a sea of green ooze; I can't wait to feel better. I conducted a bit of online research yesterday afternoon and discovered that, yes, sinus headaches can be related to pollution. This somewhat supports my theory that the root of our ills is growing in the soil of South Florida. Today I met not one but two people who are moving back home within the next day or so. I wish that we could get out of here. I want a real pizza and some Boston attitude RIGHT NOW. Please. With a little bit of sugar on top.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sorry you are feeling ill :( That sucks especially for the 1st day of summer. And pizza is really not the best thing for any sinus problems.....nothing dairy will help unfortunately. You might even need to do a detox to cleanse the pollutants? Most health food stores carry some great formulas. We do one at least annually for parasites and another for yeast. Let me know if you need any info, it helps wonderfully!

And you are right about the warm weather and virus' flourishing. We always hear of everybody getting sick when we have warm winters, less so when it's cold.

Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Sweet dreams,
Mary Ann

Winterswan said...

Thanks Mary Ann!!! That detox sounds like a good idea. I've heard of other people doing it and it makes sense. We put so much crap into our bodies, some of which we have no control over because it's just stuff that's in the air.
Big hugs to you and thanks for the well wishes!!!!