Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Blahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely believe there is a link between illness and geographical location. My husband, daughter, and local friends have been sick WAY too much over the past year or two; more than friends and family who live in other locations far from this place. About three weeks ago N developed a horrible headache that wouldn't go away. Ibuprophen wouldn't kill it; the only medicine that seemed to temporarily relieve the symptom was Benedryl. At night he took Niquil, which knocks me out for half the next day as well as for the night. Finally, he went to a doctor, who advised that he had a sinus infection and prescribed medication. Two days ago I woke up with the same headache and today I feel terrible. I'm trying to nurse it away using natural remedies but fear that I too will need to make a trip to a doctor's office to rid myself of this latest evil. I'm so tired of constantly battling various forms of illness. It seems like it must be bad for our immune systems to be constantly having to fight off this virus, or that germ. Here's the rub: I went online and discovered that the area we live in is one of the dirtiest in the country. This area which is supposed to be so desirable and is so expensive to buy in is horrible for one's health. We live near a train station, I-95, a few marinas, powerlines, and a main road, not to mention the fact that we have a huge Outdoor World across the street from our development. I want to move away from here to someplace healthy so badly that I'm praying for some miracle to happen that will allow us to do so. Everyplace possesses its own ills, but I think that here in Broward County we have more than our fair share, and the constant heat doesn't help; I think viruses and germs thrive here since there is never any chill to kill them off. Is this paradise????

4 comments:

Keyser Soze said...

Sorry yer feeling crappy. I'm pretty emotionally distraught today. Brenda called last night to call off our engagement. The old "We're just too different." speech again. Translation: "I have commitment issues." I went to ten bars last night afterwards fully intending to get hammered but instead I got gigs for the band and stayed sober. Call it divine intervention. I just couldn't make myself take that first drink as much as I wanted it. Fuck it. I didn't quit for her; I'm not starting for her

Mary Ann said...

Sending big virtual hugs & kisses to you both!

oxoxoxoxo
Mary Ann

AndyT13 said...

Bleah. I need a drink. Or a hundred. I'm never going to make it Jack. Never. Shoot me now. Please?

Mary Ann said...

WOW! Looks like AndyT13 is back! Welcome back!

"Shooting" you hugs and kisses
oxoxox
Mary Ann