Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A New Year Begun


I'm a little screwed up today, but just trying to focus on my spirituality. Yesterday my focus was on trying to live with integrity and humility, and practice peace, since the day before yesterday I had a verbal knock down with a woman at an AA meeting who complained about my daughter. My daughter quietly colored for all but the last ten minutes of the meeting, when someone gave her two cookies and she proceeded to go a little crazy. Meanwhile, this woman never attends this meeting (which happens to be my homegroup). She got in my face and I got back into hers. I never back down if I feel I'm right, but I wish that I'd handled myself a little better. I woke up the next day with an emotional hangover and needed to do a lot of spiritual work to get into a place of calm, a place where I wasn't going over the altercation in my mind again and again. Anyway, there is something else throwing me a bit off today. Our friend's girlfriend just got out of jail and she is hanging out with me today. Hopefully I can help her, but I guess I'm an intensely private person, and having someone else around my house is uncomfortable. I didn't expect that she would be here today and I wasn't asked in advance if this would be okay, although last night I agreed to it. I will be very happy when life returns to normal without all of this dysfunction. Where are we supposed to draw the line??? I'm never good at that; I want to help people, but I have to think about my daughter's well being first, and also, I suppose, my own peace of mind. Anyway, I'm trying to stay in a positive place.

No comments: