Friday, January 05, 2007

Bahama What????!!!!

My husband let it slip tonight that he is in the bidding for a job in the Bahamas that will take about ten years to complete. He never mentioned to me that he was going to bid a job that required us to move to the Bahamas and, quite frankly, I'm freaking out. I'm not sure what the chances are that we will get it, and some of you might think I'm crazy for saying this, but I DO NOT want to move to the Bahamas. Me, I'm a mountain girl and an earth spirit. I like pine trees and cool breezes and deep woods and big mountains that I can climb. All I see in the Bahamas is lots of water, lots of beaches, and a whole lot of activities that involve agua, which is not my element. The local cuisine might be interesting, and I know that it's beautiful, but it is not my bag as a full time gig. That place gets hit horribly when hurricanes breeze through; I get stressed out enough about hurricanes living in Florida!!!! So, we shall wait and see what happens. Ee gads.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Good luck Jackie with whatever happens.

Sending you big hugs,
Mary Ann