Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hi from South Florida


Gads, there has been so much death around me lately. Not of people with whom I'm close, thankfully, but still, it's right there. Given my past, I'm a bit supersticious and creeped out when there is so much death at the doorstep. I've lost lots of people who were close to me. I don't take any day or even any moment for granted, nor do assume that I will have time to do this or that "next year" or even "next week". People sometimes say I'm too paranoid, but to me it's just reality. Being in this blogger community for just a short time, I didn't know Betcha, but I hope that she is okay and alive somewhere out there. I'm hoping that something not so bad is amiss and that's why she hasn't checked into the online community. When I read A's blog, I freaked out and thought he might be talking about Stealthbombshell, so I checked her blog; thankfully, she was okay, but that lead me to finding out who actually is missing, and it freaked me out to think that this beautiful, young and obviously well loved woman had disappeared. So, today we had lunch with my daughter's Bubbie. She has been sick for a long time and is having surgery in about three weeks. She will probably be okay, but you never know, so even though R and I are both sick, we met with her for lunch and just made sure not to get too close to her (which is very difficult for her given that she loves R so much!!!). My Dad always told us to tell people you love that you love them every time you say goodbye. I think he was right about that, 'cuz you just never know what could happen once you part ways.

No comments: