Friday, September 28, 2007

Friiiiiddddaayyyy

Well, the landlady agreed to help us out by paying the security to the commandos, but she doesn't really have the money to fork over any more than we do and my gut tells me that this whole situation is going to end badly someplace. I did a meditation session this morning where I came to the conclusion that it's possibly time to leave the place that has been our home for the past year; I don't really want to move out, and I'm not sure yet that we will, but there are some factors that I'm uncomfortable with and this might be God's way of telling us that other things are in our future and we need to move toward those things. We've been wanting to buy a house, but it's so expensive to buy here! The taxes are high, home prices are high, the cost of gas here is higher (by about .20) than it was when I was in Mass., the cost of living is high. Are we in Florida or California? The prices of homes aren't quite as high here as they are on the west coast, but we're approaching that era, I believe. That is, if people keep moving here. I bumped into ANOTHER friend the other day who has had enough of this place and is moving to Tennessee with his wife. The only people who seem to keep moving to Florida are people from other countries. Apparently, they are the only ones who can afford to be here. That said, I'm not sure if we could even buy a house right now. Maybe we could rent one....'tis a vicious cycle.

No comments: