Tuesday, September 18, 2007

WOW

So, on Saturday one of my husband's employees died right in front of him. He tried to save him, as did the paramedics when they arrived, but there was nothing anyone could do. As far as the doctor at the hospital could figure out on the fly, he died from a massive heart attack. Wow. He was just here at our house on Monday and, just like that, he's gone. This definitely emphasizes to me how important it is to live each day to the fullest (yes, I did paint today-not for very long, but for any hour or so) and also to watch the things that go into our bodies. I try to cook healthy foods, but once in awhile I slip up, and sometimes we're not aware of how much yucky fat and such is in the foods we eat. Thankfully, we eat home most nights so I know what's going into the food I'm preparing (food recalls aside...now there's a recall on Dole salad mix) and I can control ingredients like salt and butter. Smart Balance is great! Anyway, the funeral is going to be in Pennsylvania, since he was from there, so we'll probably send some flowers. I need to call and find out when it's going to be. Abundant sighs..

1 comment:

Keyser Soze said...

Knock knock!

Who's there?

Death!

Death who?

Gack!

Yeah, that's creepy. I'm in the best shape of my life, blood pressure and weight are way down, no smoking or drinking...I'm going to drop dead any second.