Friday, March 30, 2007

Am I a Grown Up Now? Nahhhh!!!


I took little one to a mommy meetup group two days in a row, yesterday and today. Yesterday we all met at the Hallandale Beach library and today at the Hollywood library. Yesterday was storytime and today was just a free playtime. It always amazes me how my daughter seems to befriend the kids who at first seem to be so rough. This little boy was stealing her toys away one minute, and the next they were running around together!!! This group is a big step for me; I tried this once before but could never get my act together enough to be able to make it to the meetups. Now that my "baby" is two she needs to get out of the house more, needs more of a variety of things to do and other kids to do things with, and I need other adults to converse with here and there. I was hesitant, at first, to join a group because I thought that I might have a hard time relating to the other moms. I know that my tattoos sometimes cause people to form an incorrect assumption about who I am and what I'm like but I'm not willing to walk around with them covered up because they are an important part of who I am. That said, I thought that maybe some of the moms would be prejudicial toward me in a negative way before they got to know me. As it turned out, my daughter and I both had a good time. The moms were super cool and I related to everyone just fine, thank you very much. I actually relate to the moms in this group more than I did the moms in the punky moms group I also joined. Apparently, I'm more artsy than I am punky....It's cool though. It's hard for me to believe the way my life has progressed over the past four years. Everything in my life gradually changed; now I'm making dinners at night for my family, running around like a crazy person all the time trying to cram forty hours into the span of twenty four, being a mom, going to mommy meetups. Wow.

1 comment:

AndyT13 said...

Mommy meetups? Wow. Just wow.
Glad things are going well.
I seem to have improved some.
I figured out my insane rage and suicidal depression datezs back to quitting smoking 40 days ago.
Ever the slave to the chemicals.
I can't believe it took so long to figure it out!