Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Sunday


It's actually been a bit chilly here over the past couple of days, at least by Florida standards. It feels good; a nice change from the sweltering heat that hangs over us for most of the year, making all outdoor activity highly uncomfortable for someone like me, who dislikes having my skin fried like a chicken. N and I went to a concert last night with the Darkstar Orchestra. We had a blast!!! The band is a Grateful Dead cover band, and I was skeptical at first, but as soon as we pulled into the parking lot and I could hear their music I was excited. I danced for two hours straight!!!! It almost felt like going back in time, except I wasn't on any sort of an artificial high....I found that one can really enter into a sort of high just by listening to someone banging a good drum beat-at one point I felt like I was in a trance, with my eyes closed and my body floating on the rythm. A friend babysat for us, so we were able to go and really feel free to enjoy the atmosphere. If Little One had been with me I would have spent the whole night worrying that I was going to somehow lose her in the crowd. That would not have been fun!!! The old Deadhead days may be gone, but it was fun to go and groove with a band who I feel really sounds like the Grateful Dead- I was hoping I'd see some old fellow Deadheads there, but no luck. I'm still looking for John Schindler, who I haven't seen in many years. Maybe someday our paths will cross once more.

2 comments:

AndyT13 said...

Hunh. I didn't know you were married before. Well congrats anyway. Glad you're doing well.

You Floridians:

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/02/18/Floridian/A_love_triangle_Try_a.shtml

Winterswan said...

Yeah, I'm a re-tread. Yipes-how did that happen?!