Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sometimes....


JOSH GROBAN / TO WHERE YOU ARE(Richard Marx/Linda Thompson)

Who can say for certain
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memory's so clear
Deep in the stillnessI can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be
That you are mine Forever love
And you are watching over meFrom up above
Fly me up to where you areBeyond a distant star
I wish upon tonightTo see you smile
If only for awhileTo know you're there
A breath away's not farTo where you are
Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream
And isn't faith believing All power can't be seen
As my heart holds you
Just one beat awayI cherish all you gave me Everyday
Cause you are mine forever love
Watching me from up above
And I believe that angels breath
And that love will live on and never leave
Fly me up to where you are
Beyond a distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhileTo know you're there
A breath away's not far To where you are
I know you're there
A breath away's not far To where you are

I love you, Dad. I miss you.
My Dad has been gone since 1989 but sometimes I still miss him-no I always miss him, but sometimes I miss him more terribly than at other times. Sometimes the pain is just as strong as it was the day he died; it's like if I long for him to be back with enough gusto maybe I'll pick up the phone and he'll be on the other end. I used to hope that someday I would have a daughter, and that I would be able to give her a great father, like I had. I got that wish with my husband and my little girl, and it's a really, really special thing. Still, when a person goes through something traumatic like losing a parent suddenly and in a somewhat violent manner, he or she might carry that post traumatic stress around within them for years, even for a lifetime. I still feel the effects of that. It causes me to really value the people with whom I'm close in a special, deep way and that's good. It's hard sometimes, though, to hold those fears inside. Anyway, thanks A and M for missing my posts!!! My computer was acting funny for a few days and I've just been able to get back online, and blog. Luv you guys.

1 comment:

AndyT13 said...

God dammit! I hate this stupid thing! I just wrote you a long assed comment and stupid blogger lost it! Arrrg! I'm glad you're back. I hate it when you don't blog. Sorry about your puter and your dad. I hope all is well.
Love,
A

PS Happy Valentine's Day!