Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Late Valentine's Day


I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. Ours was good, although I must confess that we have yet to open the gifts we bought for each other!!! We actually got a babysitter last night and went out on the motorcycles with another couple. My husband bought a new Harley Night Train model and it's killer; we haven't been able to ride it much together since we have a little one, but last night we finally got out. We went to dinner at a seafood restaurant on the intracoastal waterway, then hung out at the home of one of my husband's old buddies. There was lots of dysfunction going on there, but everyone seemed to be having fun and it didn't involve those of us who were visiting so it was all good. My life has changed so much in the past eight years that it's hard for me to imagine myself still doing the same things I was doing back when I was in college, but some people can continue that lifestyle without much consequence, provided they aren't interested in things like having a family and being more settled down. I wanted that stuff, at least eventually, and that crazy lifestyle isn't healthy within a marriage (usually), as I quickly discovered. Four years later that marriage was over and I'd migrated to Florida...where I met current hubby and found out what it's like to be in a functioning marriage. Wow!!!

No comments: