Sunday, November 26, 2006

Tired of the War

I'm tired of hearing all the bs about why we need to still be in Iraq. I support our troops but I want them back home. George Bush refuses to budge in his stance that our country needs to stay in Iraq until a new democratic government has been established. Meanwhile, people keep dying, our men and women keep dying, and the President admitted in a television interview that this war might be similar to Vietnam. Everyone seems to be afraid to admit that they don't agree with current policy with regard to the conflict and speaking out often creates a situation where the speaker outer is publicy castigated for voicing what everyone with half a brain knows is true. My brother is a Marine. Once again, I will say that I support our troups. That does not mean that I feel this war should be continueing. We need to finish what we can and get out of there. That's just my opinion.

3 comments:

AndyT13 said...

OK, wait, wait. WTF???? Your brother is A MARINE?!?!? He's MARRIED?!?!?!? OMFG!!!!!
That totally does not compute at all. We're talking about Josh here?
Holy flying years!!!! How...who...WTF?!?!?!
OK, you need to email here. I'm WAY behind the news...

Winterswan said...

Josh is married with two kids and another on the way, but Patrick is the marine. He's the youngest boy in the family, and it's hard for me to believe that he's grown up with a daughter!!!

AndyT13 said...

Wow! I totally cannot get my head around either of those things!
I mean...they're....kids!
Not any more I guess! Wow!