Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday


I've kept a safe distance from my computer over the past couple of days, save for checking my email. It is amazing how much extra time I seem to possess when I don't spend time blogging and surfing the internet. That said, I have realized that I need to spend more time away from my computer screen. I enjoy the computer; as a stay at home Mom it affords me an opportunity to catch glimpses of the outside world during this period of my life when sometimes I feel so sequestered. I will continue to blog and to puruse the internet world, but I think that I need to do so with greater discipline, which is something I so rarely seem to have in any area of my life.
On another note, the weather here has already taken a turn for HOT, and spring has not even kissed the ground yet. Of course, here in Florida winter is not a season that cloaks the earth in white and paints our windows with designs of crystal. Still, the temperatures don't usually reach the high 80's in February, and these days, when global warming seems to be so real in this southern part of the U.S., I like to eke out every bit of winter possible. Soon the humidity will lower over us like a shroud, making even the action of breathing cause to sweat profusely. The air conditioner in my little car will work feverishly to cool us, but the only relief to be had will be in running to the refuges of the mall or the supermarket. Our home is even hot in the summer; to keep the air low enough to make the place comfortable all season long is to court bankruptcy.
For today, there are errands to be run and then possibly a trip to a local park for Little One. Yesterday we did a St. Patrick's Day craft, making a shamrock mobile which is hanging above our kitchen table. She was so proud to show it to N when he stomped in from work last night; it makes me so happy when she greets him at the door with such gusto. I think that he must truly feel loved, having two women rushing to tackle him upon hearing the key in the lock!!!

2 comments:

Keyser Soze said...

Again with the jealousy LOL

My camera including 2GB of memory was $405. Canon S5 IS. I can't recommend it enough.

Between you and I Arizona wasn't too great. I dried out like the mummy the second I stepped off the plane. I'll be blowing sand and blood out of my nose for a week!
I didn't care for it. Anything more than a few miles from the ocean is not for me! I'm a sea dog, not a prairie dog! YOu can have my share. I did see the Colorado river though. Sedona was nice but the town was too Hollywood. Eh...nice to visit I suppose but I ain't movin there!

Keyser Soze said...

Wow, 2nd comment on the same post!
I went to a meeting yesterday and chaired the celebration meeting today. Much improved. It's weirtd that 4 days ago I was seriously considering suicide and now the idea is laughable. Mymodd swings are really hard to fathom. I guess I shouldn't be skiiping so many days between meetings...