Friday, February 15, 2008

Shufflin' Off to Orlando

Later this afternoon we are heading up to Orlando to visit with a childhood friend of my husband's who is down from Louisiana to attend a trade show. Since he'll be in town for a couple of days and will be bored after the show is over we decided to meet him up there and hang out for the day tomorrow. We can stay at his hotel (he reserved a big room) and then head back Sunday morning. We aren't going to Disney this trip; this will be the first time we travel to Orlando for something other than going to Disney World! Our Valentine's Day was good; we were able to score a sitter, which meant that we had about three hours of inturrupted adult time at our favorite Irish restaurant. So nice to have that, in these days when time for intimacy between us is scarce. Before hitting the road north I am going to the library, where two James Lee Burke novels are waiting for me to pick them up. I LOVE this author. I tore through one of his earlier Dave Robicheaux novels in about a week and am looking forward to reading two more. It's rare for me to read fiction, but I need some fiction in my life these days for escape.
Happy weekend!

No comments: