Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Early HNT

I just joined our family up at the local YMCA today. I'm really excited, because the facilities there are fantastic and they have a wonderful gym, which means Hubby and I can start working out again. I enjoy running and working out and am hoping that doing so once again will help my ever fluctuating mental state. It's not that my mental state is all that horrible, but I definitely need to get my blood pumping a bit so that my endorphins can kick back into gear. Also, I need to get back into shape. Before baby I was running a mile in the mornings; after she was born I never got back into a routine. Well, that's not really true. I did work out for a few months in the gym we had at the old apartment, but once we moved I no longer had a gym at my disposal. It has taken us several months to finally make the decision to join one, after agonizing on a daily basis about how out of shape we've become and how it's the worst shape either of us has ever been in, yada, yada, yada. I've always been thin, and the extra fat around my middle from having the baby has got to go. It's just a little bit, but it's the difference between hip huggers that fit and ones that are a little bit too big because my hips have no excess fat on them but my waist has just a little too much. Sometimes I envy girls like Kate Moss, although I always loved the curvaceous, Marilyn Monroe types so much more!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

that shoulder is just begging for a nibble!! Happy HNT!!

Keyser Soze said...

I agree with Jessica! And I'm not married so I can say that! :-)
You look stellar and the black and white is great. I'm all for the gym though. I can't seem to get back in the groove after thanksgiving. I'm starting to
yo-yo with my weight. 175-180-185-180 repeat. I need to reach 175 and hold. But the COOKIES! The cookies at the meetings CALL MY NAME!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
410 days sober and 88 days without a cigarette so far. Gads.
Thinking of you.