Friday, November 16, 2007

Blech!

Just when I'm feeling a little better, out of the depression and in a positive frame of mind, some butthead has to come along and kill my buzz. This morning my phone rang. It was the landlady which is not usually a good sign. We have a wonderful, hands off landlady who doesn't bother us with anything unless she has a dire situation. That said, this morning's news was not good. The situation with the management company for the condo has reared it's ugly head again; they sent her a nasty legal letter with regard to our not being leased in properly and now the saga is pushing forward into who knows what territory. I have to round up all of our paperwork ONCE AGAIN and fax it to some nasty lawyer who doesn't really care about anything except billing for as much time as possible (and every peice of paper that crosses his desk means more time billed. I know this because I used to work for a law office). This whole situation is so ridiculous and just proves my theory that too much power given to any one authority will mean that at some point that power will be used to make someone else feel more important. There is really no reason to hassle us to the extent that we are being hassled. We have been at our current residence for a FULL YEAR. During that time, we have paid our rent early or on time every month, have done improvements to the unit and have experienced no difficulties with anyone aside from the drunken chick who lives across the street (who has a problem with anyone who looks at her, apparently). I wish we could just pull up out of here but it will be so difficult. Moving costs a great deal of money and we are going out of state for the holidays, so moving right now would, to say the least, be a difficult and trying ordeal. So, here I am on this sunshiny, cool, glorious day consumed by fear; fear of getting thrown out of here by some douchebag who doesn't know us and doesn't care to know us, fear of having to somehow find a new place to move and pull up our roots once again, fear of the possibly terrible unknown. Of course, being in this fear means that I have completely moved away from faith, but it has been my experience that sometimes we have to go through much awfulness even when our tribulations are happening because the Great Spirit has a better plan for us. I have many many things to do today and I don't feel good-I woke up with a stomach ache that isn't showing any signs of departure. I am not in the mood to resume this ongoing hassle with these self-important losers. I mean, there are 38 units in this development for sale-none of them are selling. Real estate here is very slow, people are in trouble with their mortgages (our neighbors, who we love, had to move out because they could no longer afford to pay their mortgage), foreclosures are imminent for so many people right now. I would think that having someone at least occupying a unit, taking care of it, and keeping the owner in a position of being able to hold onto it would be better than having an empty foreclosure which just sits here uncared for, making the community look crappy. But that's just me.

No comments: