Monday, August 20, 2007

Boston Bound in a Few Days!!!

I'm so excited!!!! My daughter and I leave for Massachusetts (we're actually flying in to Rhode Island) on Saturday afternoon, arriving just in time for dinner at Pizzeria Uno, or wherever the mood takes my Mom and my friend David and me. While I hate flying for various reasons, I'm looking forward to our arrival in my home state. It's been way too long since we've been there and I will cherish every moment we spend on hometown ground. (BTW, I didn't take the above picture but hope to have lots of my own when I return to South Florida.) This week is going to be all about tying up loose ends, such as getting the necessary bills paid out and updating DH's qualifier's license so he doesn't get jammed up with permits and inspections while I'm gone. Among the hats I wear, secretary is one them and when I'm gone he's left to writing his bills out by hand and having to do all of his own footwork. It's actually one of the things I dislike about going out of town, although he manages just fine without me. Last year he was happy to have me back to help out again, but I think he'll enjoy a few days of pseudo-bachelorhood just the same. Seeing our friends yesterday was fantastic; they reminded me of how much we need to make our own way in the world and do what is best for us and our immediate family in spite of what we'd like to be doing for the rest of our family and, in some cases, to soothe our own homesickness. I will try to keep that in mind while I'm in the Bay State, but it's always difficult. I miss my family terribly and while I'm visiting with them all I can think is that I never want to have to leave them again, snow or no snow. Well, lots to do today, so I'm out.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Have a fun, safe trip! Although I think you are bringing Florida weather up here with you!!! Saturday is supposed to be 90 and extremely humid.

Anonypus said...

Pizzeria UNO! Thanks for the memory!


Have a wicked fun time in Boston ;)