Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Tuesday, Tuesday


We had a great weekend camping in the Ocala National Forest; lots of work but well worth it to get out of town for a few days. No cells phones, no work, just three days of being out in the woods. It was thirty five degrees the second night we were there, which was a bit chilly for tent sleeping, but other than that the weather was great. We did some short hiking and hung out with some cool people who camped on either side of us. Both groups had small children and our daughter hooked up with them right away. Once she saw the kids she didn't care that we were even there!!!! It was good to be home on Monday night; no more sharing bathroom space or sleeping in a chilly tent. I forget how much I love my bed until I spend a few nights without it, although we did have an air mattress, so we weren't exactly suffering... This photograph was taken near Key Biscayne, Florida. My husband and I were driving home one afternoon and noticed the spectacular sunset that was occuring over Miami, so we stopped to enjoy it. South Florida boasts some beautiful sunsets; I think it has something to do with the wide expanses of sky and our proximity to the ocean. I'm still not sure where we're going to move when our lease is up in October. We'd like to buy something but all of the people moving down here are helping to create a situation where it's very difficult to buy anything decent; prices of homes are through the ceiling. Hopefully something will come up; my husband knows a few builders; maybe someone will be able to give us a good deal on a home in the near future. Well, I'm just rambling tonight, so that's it!

1 comment:

AndyT13 said...

Hey there! Glad you had fun camping! Nice pic! Cheers luv!