Saturday, March 18, 2006

Lazy Saturday


This is a picture of my husband looking out over Bourbon Street during our December trip to New Orleans, where he is from. The French Quarter has bounced back quite a bit from Katrina, but other parts of the city are still devastated. We met a woman who lost her home in the flooding; it's all so scary and sad. My husband's family lives in Lafayette and they were okay, but it was very stressful while we were watching the news, waiting for the hurricane to make it's way toward Louisiana. The energy in the French Quarter was wonderful and strong; we both wanted to sleep with the windows open through a lack of wanting to block that energy out. Today has been so lazy. I took a trip to Walmart this morning for sippy cups and sand toys. My husband is snoring away in the bed nearby; he worked this morning and is tired. We might hit a drive in later tonight. Movie watching is difficult with a baby, but at least if we're in the truck apart from other people we won't disrupt anyone else's movie watching enjoyment!!!! Last night a girl friend of mine invited us to an outdoor Shabbat service at her temple, where Rick Recht was playing. For anyone who isn't familiar with Rick Recht, he's fantastic. He plays Jewish rock music and he conducted the service with the Rabbi. All the little kids got up and were dancing in the front row (a little baby mosh pit of sorts). After going to Temple Beth El I'm convinced that it's a warm, friendly congregation and I might start going there more often with my friend who invited us there last night. Little R is still too young to know what's going on at services, but before I know it I'll be taking her with me and the Rabbi there really gets the kids involved and makes going to temple fun for them as well as educational. Anyway, I'm much more positive than I was when I last wrote and I feel bad that I got so upset with the guys working on the building. I guess it was just stress that built up over time; maybe just a result of me being away from the mountains for too long!!! I've been having dreams and fantasies about mountain climbing and hiking!!!!

No comments: