Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Obama

Curious about Barrak Obama's stance on Israel, I began searching the internet for articles regarding this subject. I found different points of view, some pointing to him supporting Israel and American Jewry, and others showing him as an appealing candidate to terrorist groups who would like to see Israel destroyed. As a Jewish American woman, and a Democrat, this disturbs me greatly. I just read this peice http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/04/hamas_agrees_with_jews_who_wor.html as well as another article in which the writer seems to feel that Obama is trying to cozy up to Jewish voters in the 11th hour by offering a great deal of lip service to the concerns of Jewish Americans with regard to Israel. It's hard to discern where the truth lies, but it does disturb me that Obama has affiliations with a church whose leader is a racist and possible anti-semite. More research will need to be done before I am convinced that this man should be our next President. As the clock ticks and the picture grows dimmer for Hillary (although it's not over yet) I am forced to consider other options should she be dropped from the card. I am loathe to vote for a Republican, but am even more loathe to vote for someone who sympathizes with Palestinian terrorists and who cares very little about Israel's right to existence (if this is true).

No comments: