Monday, July 17, 2006

Back in the Swing

I finally got caught up on all the work that piled up while I was gone. That meant spending a LONG time at my desk this morning, which Little R was not thrilled about, but at least it's done and I don't have to shrink back in horror every time I cast a glance over by the computer. Other than that I got tons of errands done today and will have some time free (hopefully) to spend in the pool tomorrow with a girl friend who is coming back again from a drunken episode. I do have to call some health insurance companies also, as it has recently come to light that the insurance we currently have might not be that good. I hate dealing with this sort of thing; there are so many creeps here in Florida, all promising that their health insurance is the best for the money being asked for. I don't know who to believe anymore, so I end up not believing anyone. I'm going to have to do what I should have done when we first began looking into obtaining health insurance-call companies on my own and get some quotes. I am well aware that this can take up oodles of time but hope that if I get an early start I can get a few quotes to show to hubby before the whole first half of our day is shot out!!! On a creative note, I purchased a couple of really cool brushes while I was in Mass. but so far have not been able to use them yet. There is never enough time in my day and I'm STILL trying to figure out a way to work artistic time into my day. I was so burned out before our vacation, and this was largely due to not having my creative outlet.
p.s.-My image refused to upload, thus I have none with this post...

3 comments:

AndyT13 said...

A couple of thoughts: Use the internet to research insurance companies. Who cares what state they're in? You can really get the best deal and cross reference with the better business bureau, consumer reports and stuff like that.

Speaking of images START UPLOADING SOME OF YOUR PAINTINGS! For heaven's sake I haven't seen a thing since college! Sheesh! We talked about portfolio stuff at one time. What's up with that? Business dearie, business!

Re: creative time - you need to schedule it like any other activity. Working out, shopping, whatever. I recommend early in the day. Start getting up an hour earlier (before the kid wakes up). That's brutal I know but it's somewhere to start. Or the last hour of the day. Or lunch time. Work it in with the kid. I't painting time. Here's your finger paint. 1 hour everyday. You'll get further with an hour a day than
4-6 hours once a week. Easier said than done but you CAN do it. Enlist hubby's help. You need an hour a day. That mean she watches R an hour a day while you paint. That seems like a reasonable request. Anyway, just my two bits.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.