Saturday, October 06, 2007

Saturday Sunshine


Ah, Saturday. Hubby and I both overslept this morning which created a rush for both of us in the early hours. He had to work today and I, as always, have tons of stuff to do. I stopped by I's house yesterday for a bit. Her cat has not surfaced yet and my search around the neighborhood turned up nil. It's very depressing; I've no idea where she could've wandered off to and hope that I's inkling that someone hurt her turns out to have no basis in reality. My experience with some of the less desirable humans on our planet has shown me that, alas, evil, animal-hurting people do exist. I felt sad when I left I's house. The idea of being sixty five years old and utterly alone in a small apartment terrifies me. This woman had it all years ago-money, a nice family, a beautiful house up north plus a condo in South Florida. Now, suddenly, she's here by herself, her one son died a year ago, her other isn't speaking with her. I think the dysfunction of it all has triggered me to want to help her fix things, which I can't really do. Because it reminds me so much of my own familial dysfunction (of which I'm not much a part of these days because I live over 1000 miles away from everyone) I have a deep desire to soothe the pain she's experiencing. Being a friend is always a good thing; it's just important for me to not lose sight of the responsibilities I have to my own life. One of the problems I've experienced in the past is not dealing with my own problems by getting lost in those of other people. I can't do that today-not that I have so many problems right now, but I do have responsibilities. Today, I'll make and print out some lost cat flyers to post around town (although with all the rain we're having I'm not sure where I'll post them), give my self a manicure/pedicure (my nails look horrid because I hate doing them and never have the time besides), send out birthday invites, deposit a check into my account so I'll have money to run the house with next week, buy cat food because my cat is snubbing the food I've been giving her (so particular, that one), and maybe do a craft with Little One. We have a craft to do in honor of the arrival of autumn. It's already 12:30, so now I'm really in a rush. No discipline do I have. Sigh.

1 comment:

Keyser Soze said...

Whoa! Those eyes took me by surprise! I remember that look!

Ah...thanks for the comments. I know if you like my painting it must be good.

Well I'll be in your neck of the woods next week. Miami on Saturday morning and then on a Harley with a chick on the back headed from Key West unless you tell me where to meet you.

???