Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I Also Hate Condo Commandos

The blasted condo police are in full force. My landlady called today to tell me that she received a complaint about our fence due to the fact that it wasn't approved through the Association (said with an exaggerated, arrogant accent-by me, not her). We put the fence up to afford us a bit of privacy due to the fact that our unit backs up to a pond, which then backs up to the road going in and out of our development. According to the landlady (who was totally cool about the whole thing) the reason for the complaint was that people can see our place when they come and go, and God forbid the fence isn't of the same design as the rest of this place. Cookie cutter heaven, all of it. Don't get me wrong; we live in a nice place and I feel blessed that when we had to move from our last apartment we were able to find this one and begin cleaning it and fixing it up almost month before me moved in. Someday, though, I think it would be wonderful to live in a house with a private yard where no one could say a thing about what type of fence we decided to erect, what types of flowers we decide to plant and what color we deem it nice to paint our home. This political b.s. is not really something I like to engage in. I'm a private person who doesn't care what anyone else is doing as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I've never felt the need to busy body into anyone else's private life. As long as my neighbor is keeping their yard clean (and here I will interject that in spite of the fact that someone seems to be offended by my fence they are apparently not offended by the garbage that has been collecting around the pond-I guess it's not landscaping's job to clean it up) I could really care less about what type of patio decorations they decide to put out. Gnomes, fences, cacti, whatever. Who is anyone else to infringe on our white picket dream???

1 comment:

Keyser Soze said...

Bah. Petty people with petty lives engaging in petty things.

Fuck them sideways with a chainsaw.

Well I'm back from 14 days at sea on a small sailboat in REALLY BAD weather conditions. Feels like I was out there for a month! I'm back, sad and tired but I'm home.

I like your recent picture with the tattoos. It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful you still are. I haven't aged nearly as well but then again I had almost a decade more brutal alcoholism than you so maybe that's it. Anyway 9 months this past Sunday July 15th. *sigh*
I spoke today at my meeting about the trip and the message was
"Don't Give Up!" A lot of people were really knocked out and very complimentary about my share and my overall vibe but I still feel like kind of a dick. Oh well.
Miss you. Hoping you are well.
-A