Monday, September 29, 2008

Sniffle

I've been battling a cold for a few days but it seems to be on it's way out. I am tired today, though, feeling very sleepy; a combination of the Nyquil that I took last night and my body trying to get rid of the current invaders. Everyone here in South Florida seems to be sick right now so apparently there is something nasty making the rounds. We tend to get every bug known to man down here because there are so many people visiting all the time. In spite of not getting a great night of sleep (you know it's bad when you take Nyquil and still don't sleep well!!!) due to our daughter crashing our bed and the neighbors deciding to crank up party music at 10pm (I was too tired and out of it by then to go over and complain) I still managed to do some school work with Little One and make applesauce cake with her in honor of the new fall season. We even made our own applesauce from scratch!!!! It smells so good in our house right now; the air is filled with the scent of apples, cinnamon and cloves. Yummy!!! I can't wait to go taste the cake!

2 comments:

AndyT13 said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well dear!
That little trip down memory lane in your last post freaked me out a little. Yikes! 12 days from now I celebrate two years clean and sober. Wow. How easily I could be rotting in jail right now sucked into the vortex of death. There but for the grace of God...I could STILL go. Just an arms length away

I'm going with LuAnn up to to visit Jimi and Mayann on the
10th. They're still pretty active partiers so I dunno how long I can hang with that. We have some other friends to visit so whatevs. They always ask about you and have great things to say.

Anyway blessed be!

Winterswan said...

I haven't checked this blog site in awhile but am glad to hear that you are doing well!! I hope your trip to Jimmy and Maryanne's was fun; I think about them alot and miss them. Maybe someday our paths will cross again. It's weird but I think about Maggie a lot too (some irony in that, I think, but I really did like her in spite of some issues we had) and wonder how she is. Good, I hope. Congrats on your sobriety; it really is a wonderful miracle!!!! Hugs!