Sunday, January 04, 2009

Sunday Night and ZZZZZZ

Another weekend has drawn to a close and it's seems like Friday night had just arrived! I did end up going to synagogue on Friday night, and although our usual Rabbi was not present, a woman Rabbi was there and she did a fabulous job. I left with a feeling of peace, ready to enter into another weekend.

This morning we joined some friends at the beach where, each Sunday, there is an organic market where one can buy fresh vegetables and fruit. I'd never been before, but the couple we met shop there once a month or so (they live about 45 minutes north of us so it's a bit of a drive to make with two small children). I walked around for awhile checking out the produce and soaking up the wonderful scent of fresh, organic vegetables (it always seems to me that organic veggies have a stronger scent) before selecting a couple of tomatoes and some huge carrots. That was all I could manage to pick before the crowds moved in. I sometimes become very anxious when I'm in a crowd atmosphere and today was one of those sorts of days. I left the market with $5.00 plus change in veggies, which is okay since they tend to spoil quickly. I can always go to Whole Foods for organic food during the week (I wish one would be built closer to where we live-they seem to be building everything else).

Two hours past dinnertime, my little one is suddenly hungry again and so she is eating a snack with her Daddy. This means that bath time has been pushed forward a bit, but it also meant that I had a few minutes to bang away at the computer keyboard. That said, she should be just about finished with her cheese, and I need to go run her a nice warm bath and snuggle her into her jammies for storytime. I love motherhood, but even mommies need some downtime!!!!

No comments: